Bronze Plans, non-HDHP: Copays, Deductibles and Coinsurance

Copays are the set amount you pay for a covered health care service. Copays will never exceed what the service actually costs. For example, if a lab test costs $20 and the lab copay is usually $40, you’ll only pay $20. 

Deductible is the name for the amount of money you have to pay in one year before your plan starts to pick up the costs. 

Coinsurance is your share of costs for a covered health care service. It’s calculated as a percentage. For example, under a Bronze plan, you would pay 40 percent of the total cost of a wheelchair or oxygen tank after meeting your deductible, and your plan would pay for the remaining 60 percent. 

Edit this card
Want to get started with Covered California?

Edit this component

Was this article helpful?

Thanks for your feedback.

thumb_up Yes
thumb_down No

Edit this card
Can’t find what you're looking for?
Please contact our customer support directly.