Moving Between Covered California and Medi-Cal

You may have to change your health insurance coverage between Covered California and Medi-Cal, depending on your household size, income and immigration status.

If information that you put on your application changes during the year, you must report it. Changes in things like address, family size and income can affect whether you qualify for Medi-Cal or qualify to get help paying for your health insurance through Covered California.

To report changes, call Covered California at (800) 300-1506 or sign in to your online account. You can also visit the Contact Us page to find a Certified Insurance Agent, Certified Enrollment Counselor or county eligibility worker who can provide free assistance in your area.

If you have Medi-Cal, you must report changes to your local county office within 10 days of the change. You can do this by phone, mail, fax, online or in person. If you have health insurance through Covered California, you must report changes within 30 days.

If your household income is too high to qualify for Medi-Cal, you may be eligible for a Covered California health plan with tax credits to help lower monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.

Edit this card
Want to get started with Covered California?

Edit this component

Was this article helpful?

Thanks for your feedback.

thumb_up Yes
thumb_down No

Edit this card
Can’t find what you're looking for?
Please contact our customer support directly.